Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Halo 3 Lineups For Series 3 And More?



I've heard about the following lineup for Halo 3 Series 3 and if true, I expect that we'll be seeing quite a few more exclusive variants announced for the Spartan Soldiers, though hopefully a few of the Elite Permutations as well. Getting Hayabusa, Rogue and Recon will add a lot of depth to your Spartans.

Series 3
September 2008

Master Chief
Jackal Major
Elite Combat
Brute Chieftain (Weapon Class)
Flood Combat Form (Human)
Spartan Soldier Hayabusa (Red)
Spartan Soldier Rogue (Olive)
Spartan Soldier Recon (Teal)


If this list is legitimate, and it very well may be given the teaser shadows we've already seen, then we will be getting a more diverse line-up this time around with the addition of the Elites and the first Flood figure along with a new Jackal. The Brute Chieftain, though not unexpected leaves me wondering how long it will be before we get a standard Brute Soldier. And sadly, if this line never makes it to a Series 4 I fear we'll be stuck without them.

If the orders are there and the interest is there at McFarlane Toys to keep things going I think I'll be up for buying them as long as they keep making them. All I can say is, the listing for that Recon Armor better not be false and they better make it in as many colors as they can because I'll be all over it.

Additionally, I've got more info on what may be the "stylized" figures that are supposedly coming later this year. There are listings for a set of 3 hyper-detailed 7"-8" statues for an October release with the set comprised of Brute Chieftain, Master Chief and the Arbiter. The MSRP listings range from $25.99-$44.99 per statue which makes me wonder how accurate this is, but as I get new information I'll pass it on. There are some listings which are offering the full set for $77.99 and others which say that these "statues" are going to be articulated. I've got no idea what's going on with this one. It's a bit of a headache.

There's a 12" Master Chief listed for McFarlane as well with an August release date and a $29.99 MSRP.

As for the 3rd Series of vehicles, I'm hearing that it will be the Banshee, Hornet and the Scorpion Tank however at Toy Fair they listed a Scarab for Series 3.

That's all I have for now. Check back later for more news and updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool lineup, though it has the first figure I'll probably pass on. The Hayabusa may look cool but doesn't fit in with the halo universe and is way overused online imo. probably get a 2nd flood form in it's place. and i hope there are some elite variant exclusives.

InnerRayg said...

Scarab's already confirmed for Series 2 I believe...

anyway, much as I loathe to say it, I hope we get a few more color variants for these suits. I would love a White Hayubasa and a Yellow Rogue.



Content Copyright 2008 ToyPit Message Board. All Right Reserved. Other Content Copyright And Trademark Thier Respective Owners.
Google